Reporting Options

Survivors of sexual violence choose to file or not file a report for many different reasons. There is no one right choice. If you would like to talk to someone first about what is involved in the various processes of reporting, the HSU Campus Advocate Team made up of North Coast Rape Crisis Team staff are available 24 hours a day at (707) 445-2881. Advocates are also available to accompany you if you choose to make a report to UPD, the Student Conduct System, or the appropriate law enforcement agency. HSU's Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) is also available 24 hours a day at (707) 826-3236

If you decide to file a police report and/or a campus complaint, the process is different depending on where the assault occurred. If the sexual assault occurred on campus, a report could be made to the University Police Department in addition to the HSU Student Conduct System. If the assault occurred off-campus, a report would be filed with the city or county agency that has jurisdiction in the area where the assault occurred.